Here it is, you have the perfect campaign and you’re ready to send your newsletters. You have examined it carefully: the quality of the content, awesome catchphrase, pleasant design… You’re sure that you haven’t made any mistakes and you’re ready to send your campaign to your recipients.
Wait a second! There is one small detail missing. What day is it? If it’s Friday night and you’re rushing to send your campaign before the weekend, it may not be a great idea…
There are no miracle recipes that guarantee that your campaigns will be a success if you send them at a certain moment. But here is a guide that will help you identify the best time to send your campaign and also help you make the biggest possible impact.
The Best Period To Send Your Newsletters
We identified specific periods during the year when web users are most receptive to email marketing campaigns – it is mainly during periods when mass mailings are less frequent.
For example, we noticed that during the winter season, open rates were higher.
The last quarter of the year is overloaded with emails. This is mainly because web users are interested in special offers for Christmas and for the end of the year sales.
The Ideal Day To Send Your Newsletters
First and foremost, never send commercial campaigns and newsletters during the weekend when you are targeting B2B. People spend time with family and don’t usually check their business mailbox.
Well, we’d like to give you 2 more valuable pieces of information:
– Tuesday has the highest average open rate but it is also the day people receive the most emails
– Friday has the highest average click-through rate and it’s the day you receive the least amount of emails
A magician will never reveal his secrets but a marketer can do what he likes! Now it’s up to you to decide which option is best suited for your marketing strategy.
The Perfect Hour To Send Your Newsletters
One last decision to make before sending your campaign: At what time should you send it?
In general, the ideal hours to get better open rates are: 9 to 10 am, 2 to 3 pm and 5 to 7 pm.
Of course, these timings vary depending (as always…) on the type of offers and your targeting strategy.
- Before 9 am, no need to try because your recipients won’t be receptive.
- After 9 am, it’s coffee time and work begins. People will start looking into their mailboxes for offers on events, shopping, and other things.
- Between 10 am to 12 pm, people work hard. They don’t have time to check their emails.
- Between 12 pm and 2 pm, it’s lunch break, some will check their emails and others won’t…
- Between 2 pm to 3 pm, it’s the appropriate moment to send emails. Financial institutions and banks use this timing to send emails.
- Between 3 pm to 5 pm, only a few people will check their mailbox but the receptivity is not that bad.
- 5 pm onwards, we dream a little bit, we feel the need to travel… it’s the right time to send tourist campaigns!
- Until 7 pm, it’s generally not the best time to send out any newsletters because people are tired from work and on their way home. Receptivity is low.
- Finally, 7 pm to 10 pm, it’s time for distraction and for some rest. Web users will have a tendency to check anything related to their hobbies, leisure… If you think your business is related to their interest, don’t hesitate to contact them and more importantly, don’t forget to personalize your emails!
And at night do we send campaigns? No, of course not, we sleep.
Of course, all these pieces of advice are an estimation derived from the analysis of data. It’s up to you to understand your client’s expectations and adopt a strategy to send your email marketing campaigns at the right moment. Don’t forget to test different strategies and find out which one works best for your readers!