Watch the video on this topic:
This type of trigger allows you to set your workflow in motion when data in your contact list is added or modified.
To set the trigger:
- First, select a list. Choose the contact list that Mailify will monitor for any newly added or modified data.
- Then, select a column. Choose the column in your list that is relevant for your workflow. Mailify will check if a value has been added or modified in this column. The other columns in the list will not be monitored. If the column you want to select does not exist, click on "Add a column" and name it. A new column will then be automatically added to your list. If you want to trigger the automatic workflow scenario as soon as any data in your list is updated, select the option "Any column".
- Initial/expected value (optional): You can specify an initial value as well as an expected value. For the scenario to be triggered, it is essential that the initial value be updated to the expected value. For example, if your initial value is "Prospect" and your expected value is "Client", only a contact that has changed from "Prospect" to "Client" status will receive your automatic campaign scenario. If you do not want to wait for a value to change from an initial state to an expected state before triggering your automatic scenario, select the "Any value" option.
- Take into account the new lines added to my list: This option allows you to determine if you want to trigger your scenario only for data updates in your list, or for updates AND new entries in your list. When this option is disabled, the new lines inserted in your list will not trigger the automatic campaign. On the other hand, if data on these lines is updated later, this update will trigger the automatic workflow. Consequently, when this option is activated, each new contact insertion in your list will trigger your automatic scenario.
- Blacklist(s): The contacts included in this list(s) will automatically be excluded from your mailings in order to avoid any unsolicited communication.
- Unsubscribe method: By default, the unsubscribe method defined in your account settings is applied. However, you can choose a different method for this campaign if you wish. You can choose between opening the standard Mailify unsubscribe page, or redirecting your contacts to your website to manage your unsubscriptions yourself.
Once you have set up your "Update" trigger, click on the green button to confirm.
You will then be automatically redirected to the tool for creating your automatic workflow scenario.
At any moment, you can modify the settings in the workflow creation tool.